Within about 48 hours, close to 60,000 people have signed a petition urging the Canadian government to suspend the arrival of 25,000 migrants from the Middle-East in the aftermath of the Paris terrorist attacks.
Put online this Saturday, November 14 on Petitions24.net by Raynald Cloutier, a resident of Quebec City, the petition has also garnered over 5000 comments, and it has quickly been making noise in the mainstream media, as you can see by searching the keywords “petition Quebec refugees” on a search engine like Google.
The text of the petition is simple and clear: “We urge the Canadian government to suspend the arrival of 25,000 immigrants from Syria. Simply for reasons of national security.“
Mr. Cloutier’s petition has so far been circulating mainly in Quebec, but it has already provoked strong reactions of support as well as opposition (for instance from the Liberal government in Quebec). Meanwhile, new petitions have appeared on sites like change.org and Avaaz.com to support the arrival of so-called “Syrian” migrants in Canada.
In fact, the said Syrian refugees come from several Middle-Eastern and North African countries, including Afghanistan and Libya. In addition, the majority are not families, but young men traveling on their own, as widely reported in the alternative media.
In the US, the FBI has already expressed concerns about the State Department’s plan to resettle thousands of refugees from the Middle East to the United States. Assistant FBI Director Michael Steinbach, said earlier this year that migrants from the Middle East should be subject to a thorough screening process before being admitted to the United States. FBI warnings fell on deaf ears, and refugees have already begun to arrive in New Orleans.
We can only hope things will be different in Canada. Refugees from the Middle East should have been handled by the United Nations’ Refugee Agency, which has remained strangely absent from this whole issue. They should be handled by the UNHCR in the Middle East itself, instead of being “exported” to Western countries. Once settled in Canada, refugees will become de facto landed immigrants, and the chances they eventually return to their countries of origin are minimal.
I actually have a suggestion for those who insist that Canada should unquestionably welcome Middle-Eastern migrants: why not commit to receive them in you own home and to take care of them for a period of 5 years? After all, isn’t this what you are asking of the rest of the Canadian population?
Click here to sign Mr. Cloutier’s petition if, like me and him, you think we should be more cautious before opening our borders.
Updates on this story
- Mr. Cloutier’s petition has stalled after been quickly attacked in the mainstream media. It still sat at around 76,000 signatures on November 27.
- Meanwhile, Justin Trudeau has announced his true colors and confirmed that his new Liberal Government will move forward with the United Nations’ forced immigration plan, simply pushing its self-imposed deadline back to the end of February 2016.
- Persian Gulf Muslim states have accepted no Syrian refugees | By Richard Pollock | The Daily Caller News Foundation | November 24, 2015
- THIS NATION [Poland] Just Had A MASSIVE Protest AGAINST Islam… Horrified Media Censors The News | By Gina Cassini | Top Right News | November 25, 2016
- American Mainstream Media Censors Massive Protest AGAINST Syrian Refugees…This is WHY… | by AM | Conservative Post | Undated
- Montana Ranchers on Canadian Border Watch | By anada Free Press | November 25th, 2015